July 28th, 2014: Out and about in New York City
im gonna fuckin throw up
Okay, okay calm down, people.
While you are all losing your mind over ‘cultural appropriation” of an Indian dress, nobody actually consulted THE INDIANS.
In our country, if a foreigner wears an Indian saree, we actually appreciate it. It shows that the foreigner respects us enough to try our clothes. And the saree, mind you, is not a religious thing. Hindus can wear sarees, Muslims can wear sarees, Sikh’s can wear sarees, Jain’s can wear sarees and so on.
Like Americans have short dresses, compare that with sarees. Going to a party? Saree. Going to temple? Saree, and so on.
Some Indians wear it, some don’t. Some hate it and think its oppressing, some love embracing the unique style.
Point is, don’t hate on her for wearing this. Don’t hate on anyone for wearing sarees or any variations of sarees. We love to see others embracing our culture. Why do you think we open our gates to allow everyone to practice yoga and find spiritual meaning?
Culture is not meant to be kept within four walls, it should be spread.
I did not know this. That is really interesting to find out. Thanks for the information.
"Culture is not meant to be kept within four walls, it should be spread."
Rocket Raccoon upon meeting Bucky for the first time
Important Things About the Ebola Outbreak
- You’re not hearing enough about it because it’s happening in Africa. Plain and simple. Western Media (of which I was once a naive member) does not consider the deaths of non-whites and non-Westerners as important, so while this disease kills, it isn’t killing the right people to get enough attention.
- With that said, officials have made it clear that they think there’s no chance the disease could spread outside of Africa, and definitely not to the United States.
- That’s bullshit, in my opinion. I’ve spent a lot of time researching disease transmission, viruses, etc., both professionally and in my spare time. It may not spread, but they can’t know that at this stage. It’s the largest outbreak of Ebola EVER. There are already hundreds dead, and the number is growing.
- "Ebola virus disease (formerly known as Ebola haemorrhagic fever) is a severe, often fatal illness, with a case fatality rate of up to 90%. It is one of the world’s most virulent diseases.The infection is transmitted by direct contact with the blood, body fluids and tissues of infected animals or people. Severely ill patients require intensive supportive care. During an outbreak, those at higher risk of infection are health workers, family members and others in close contact with sick people and deceased patients." [x]
- There is no cure and no vaccine, and most people are not educated on protecting themselves from this disease.
- Don’t freak out, but we should all be paying attention.
Because dancing baby Groot is cute
I died. I stg, this was my favorite part of the whole movie.
♈ Aries: Aries fear that they don't fear 'fear'. Most of them are insightful enough to know they can leap head on into danger unnecessarily
♉ Taurus: People will think they are boring. To make up for it they bake food or take people out because they are worried they alone aren't enough
♊ Gemini: Other people will see how internally wound up and vulnerable they are. How much they really need somebody there; no matter how independent they may seem
♋ Cancer: Having a volatile family life. Most Cancers fear divorce but also believe it will never happen to them
♌ Leo: People will tire of their theatrics and neediness and reject them entirely. That eventually people will give up on trying to assure them and cope with their drama
♍ Virgo: People will judge them and treat them differently if they are not at least fulfilling some purpose or use for being around
♎ Libra: They will be alone forever
♏ Scorpio: They will open up and share a secret to somebody, but be rejected / betrayed
♐ Sagittarius: They will love somebody more than the other person loves them. They will need somebody more than they are needed.
♑ Capricorn: Because everyone puts so much faith in them, they are secretly worried they will just destroy everything and don't know who to ask for help
♒ Aquarius: Eventually they will just drift entirely away from everybody. That one day they will be unable to decipher what is rational and not. A true sense of isolation
♓ Pisces: That people only pretend to like them. Most Pisces can't figure out why they have friends or why they are liked. They are constantly comparing themselves
Anonymous said: Can i just call you captain?
May I just call you captain, ma’am.
even canada’s higher than you america
I feel obligated to reblog every post that has the Robin Sparkles gif in it.
why is that even so surprising america treats people like shit
I’m surprised that America is #7. I’d put it waaay lower.
May they be forever alone for their elitist douche-baggery.
I was recently interviewing the woman who founded Her Universe and we were talking specifically about women and geekdom. I asked about the rise of girls in geek culture and she very accurately corrected me: There is no “rise” of geek girls. We’ve always been here. Girls are just as nerdy as dudes are. Ladies have always been interested in sci fi and fantasy and video games - we just don’t talk about it a lot because men are assholes.
I can show you my Star Wars figures from 1977. I played the heck out of them. And my original trilogy on VHS. And my Lego R2D2 and Yoda …
I had a crush on Mr. Spock when I was 10.
I had a crush on Mr. Spock when I was 6, you total n00b, you fake Spock geek…oh wait, never mind. Cool! Me too!
Did they ever release III in english? Was it on one of the ports to playstation? I want to say I’ve played it. If it was ported, I did. VI ist still my favorite, though.